- What can I do to protect my Garena Account?
- Use a secure password for your Garena account. A secure password should be at least 8 characters long, with a mixture of numbers and alphabets as well as a mixture of upper case and lower case alphabets.
- Verify your email address with Garena so that you can reset your account password when necessary. To verify your email address, visit Garena Security Centre at http://security.garena.com.
- Do not share your Garena account password with anyone. Garena staff will never ask for your password.
- Make sure that you only key in your Garena account information at official Garena websites and legal software downloaded from official Garena websites. Be careful not to enter your Garena account information on phishing sites;
- Activate 2-Step Authentication for additional protection on your Garena account. This binds a mobile number to your account and sends authentication codes to your phone when requesting a change of password or other account details.
- What is a phishing site?
Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. We would appreciate your help on reporting phishing sites you come across.
- What should I do if I lost the password to my Garena account (or my Garena account is hacked)?
- If you have a verified email address registered with Garena, you can reset your Garena account password on your own. Go to www.garena.com, choose “Login” on the top right corner, select “Forgot password” and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- If you don’t have a verified email address registered with Garena, you can send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly customer service agents will help you. In order to establish the ownership of the account, Garena customer service agents will ask for certain documents. We apologize that for security reasons, Garena customer service agents will not be able to help you if you cannot provide the documents required.
- Someone is asking for my password so that he can top up my account with Garena Shells. What should I do?
- Do not give out your Garena account password to anyone, this may lead to your account being hacked or stolen.
- Someone is offering free Shells/Gold membership and other promotions by clicking on a link he provided. What should I do?
- These are likely to be phishing sites. These sites may capture your Garena account details which will lead to your Garena account being hacked or stolen. Do not click on those links and report them by going to our "Contact Us" section on our website.
- What should I do if I lost the password to the email address I verified with Garena?
Contact your email service provider to reset the password for your email account. You may also contact Garena customer service to reset the email address you verified with Garena. To establish the ownership of the account, Garena customer service agents will ask for certain documents. We apologize that for security reasons, Garena customer service agents will not be able to help you if you cannot provide the documents required.
- Why is my account banned?
- When a Garena user account is found to be linked with fraudulent payments activities or any activities that violate Garena user agreement and/or Garena community rules, the account will be banned by Garena.
- When an account is banned, its access to various Garena systems will be restricted.
- What shall I do if I have questions about my account being banned?
- You may send an email to email@example.com and Garena customer service agents will help you. Please clearly state your Garena username and your reason in the email.
- How can I change my Garena account username?
- You may not change your Garena account username. Please think carefully before choosing a username.